Sunday, November 9, 2008

Whaddya know?

After spending the last three days on this Pilates/Rehabilitation course, I can truthfully say, "Not much!"

This is one of those taster experiences. The kind of course that lays out all the stuff you might ever need to know, in shorthand, and it's up to you to go home and do the in-depth study on your own. My brain is bulging with bits and bobs about spinal instability, rotator cuff injuries, global mobilising and stabilising muscles, sacroiliac joint problems, and ... well, the list just goes on and on. Needless to say, studying Polish is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

Knowing that you don't know is, I suppose, the first step. But our fierce Israeli instructor, Daniella, has us turned upside down. When someone has the courage to proffer an answer to one of her questions, they're quickly shown how much they don't know. "NO! It's not like that!"

But if you say, in response, "I really don't know", she comes back with "But of course you do. Now think." Brain freeze immediately sets in.

One thing I do know after all this is that I was an idiot to sign up for NaBloPoMo during the month of this course. Gah!

Tomorrow's the last day. I'll put aside my school nightmares (of showing up unprepared for the test I didn't know about) and be brave for one more day.

Ta ta!

No comments: