Thursday, November 20, 2008

Me and my CrackBook

No, it's not as cute and sexy as a Blackberry, but my MacBook is just as addictive and it's running my life.

You know you have a problem when you worry about internet connectivity whenever you travel. In fact, I think I ticked ALL of the boxes in ExpatMum's blogging-addiction self assessment test

Hell. I do have a problem. 

Never mind. I'll sort myself out someday.

Meanwhile, Mr D and I are journeying off into the deep deep forests of Poland for a day or so. We're invited by colleagues of his for a wilderness weekend. They're apparently going to hunt birds in the morning and wild boar in the afternoon. As I write, it's absolutely raining pitchforks, so I'm already feeling smug about my crafty plan to stay inside and knit and drink hot chocolate. Or something. 

Apparently girls don't hunt, which is fine by me. In the olden days, I suppose we stayed home to mind the children and whatnot. Mr D has hunted his whole life, which frankly didn't exactly endear him to me. On the other hand, if you eat what you kill, then it's not entirely bad, I suppose. 

I prefer to do my hunting in the Carrefour meat case, so that's that. 

Depending on internet availability, I may or may not be able to post. However, rest assured, I'll still be writing every day, so when I return you can look forward to  dread a massive data-dump.

Tally-ho! I'm off to listen for wild pigs braying  snuffling in the undergrowth and foxes yipping at the moon. Wait, are there foxes in Poland? Hmmm.  I'll have to Google that later. I'll get back to you on that.

No comments: