Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Secret Ingredient, Revealed!

If you were wondering, like expateek often does, about why it is that your homemade Chinese dishes are never as fabulous as take-away, then today's your lucky day! Because during her back alley ramblings in Peoria, Illinois, she came across this behind the local Chinese joint.



IMG_6848 grease only, originally uploaded by ehdindigo.


Awesomeness, times twelve! Because not only is the secret ingredient grease, it is recycled grease, people! Obviously these guys are taking the whole greener planet thing very very seriously.

expateek was simply thrilled to learn about this amazing new development in Chinese cooking, and can hardly wait to incorporate recycled grease into her own home cookin'. It won't even matter that there's no Cock Sauce!

The only worry that expateek has is that she might not be able to gain access to the restaurant-type quantities of grease necessary for proper Chinese cuisine.



IMG_6849 grease mobile, originally uploaded by ehdindigo.

Mmmm MMMMM!

expateek's going green, but not in that good, planet-y way.


_

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hahahaha! I bet you are very green! Ummm, I saw a show on grease recycle. (I know I should get a life but really have nothing better to do with my time plus hubby has control of the remote)They take the grease away and people buy it to make fuel for cars. Used grease has become valuable. If you accumulate enough of it you can sell it. Hmmm, I wonder if I went up and down the street every week for a year????

expateek said...

I'll be looking out for you wandering in my neighborhood with a shopping trolley and a big 5 gallon drum!

Anonymous said...

That's too funny! Love it!