Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Air shipment, slightly damaged...

Look what expateek picked up at the Warsaw airport Monday night!



Child number 4!


Again, another wonderful Christmas prezzie for expateek!



Isn't she mysterious and beautiful?


But oh no!


Something's a little bit wrong.


We think this little girl may have the dreaded infectious mononucleosis.



(Note the fatigued look and the horribly swollen glands in neck!)


Probably kissed a Scottish frog or something...


Tea and toast are the order of the day.


And plenty of bedrest.


That's what home is for, after all.


Where you can rest,


recuperate,


and get well


surrounded by the people


who love you more than anything.



.

5 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a super Christmas present!!!!

You suggested Brussel Sprouts for the 50 + 1 recipes, we did that back in October, here is the link to that:

http://thatbritishwoman.blogspot.com/2008/10/50-1-recipes-for-brussels-sprouts.html

Gill in Canada

expateek said...

ooo, thanks! I am just learning how to like them... at age 50! some things just take time!

Yolanda said...

I am glad to ahve found your blog and enjoyed reading some of your old posts. I hope that you and yours have a merry christmas and a Happy new year.

Christine said...

I hope she does not have THAT and that it turns out that she is just tired. I had THAT the summer I turned 16. I ended up in the hospital. It is a real bummer and can come complete with complications. You are right about the bed rest. I thought that they were never going to let me out of bed.

expateek said...

Hi Yolanda! Welcome, and glad you like it here. Thanks for the kind wishes, and come back often!

Christine -- I'm pretty sure that IS what it is. She hasn't moved from her bedroom for ... well, almost three days now. At least she's got a month at home to recover. Yay! But she won't be baking Xmas cookies, like she usually does, anytime soon. Looks like I'll have to suck it up and do some baking myself. Arg!